…making friends since 1991…
The Baptist Collegiate Ministries at Oklahoma City University is looking for locals to welcome our wonderful and remarkable international students with Oklahoma hospitality.
FALL 2019 MEET & GREET DATES: SEPT rescheduled for OCT 06 // NOV 03 // DEC 01
We are currently working on getting our application forms online but for now:
- For International Students, applications can be filled out at the BCM or ELS
- For Locals, application forms will be filled out at Meet & Greets
SIGN UP FOR A FRIENDSHIP FAMILIES MEET & GREET!
Participants are matched based on common hobbies and lifestyle habits, and will be asked to commit to the following:
- Fill out an application and sign up to attend a BCM Meet & Greet–each participant will attend a brief 30-minute orientation before being introduced to each other. This is a fun and exciting time because a good friend makes you feel like family!
- Meet each other! Then, come up with a plan on how to communicate, share information, and meet up regularly. Plan to hang out that first night together doing something fun or sharing a meal.
- Each week, connect with via phone or text. Pray together and encourage each other.
- Each month, plan to spend time together: by sharing a meal in your home or a restaurant, attending city events like festivals or concerts, enjoy family or cultural celebrations together.
- Agree to attend three major BCM events together.
- Holidays are a great time to engage and share American traditions, family past times, especially historical and cultural significance.
- Recognize each other’s birthdays and other important holidays.
- Go on vacations together.
- Friendships are for life: stay in contact after graduations! Plan to visit overseas. Share resources to connect students with churches in their city.